What are red flags? A red flag is characterized as marker of delayed development in a child. These can manifest in many different ways. While every child is unique in their development and timeline of growth, there are certain behaviors that are universally causes for concern. For 2 to 3-year-olds, be aware if your child:
- No enjoyment of rough and tumble play
- No interest or difficulty scribbling, completing 4-5 piece puzzles, building, etc.
- Not able to engage in parallel play (beside a peer), snatching toys from others typical at this age
- No observation of using toys as agents (doll feeding self, dump truck scooping sand)
- Not asking who, what, where, why questions
- Not able to locate parts of body (eyes, nose, etc.)
- Should be able to engage in quiet play approximately 15 minutes
Pediatric Advanced Therapy provides physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to the greater Charlotte area. We have two offices in Mooresville and Salisbury, with a Charlotte office opening in May 2017.