What are red flags? A red flag is characterized as marker of delayed development in a child. These can manifest in many different ways. While every child is unique in their development and timeline of growth, there are certain behaviors that are universally causes for concern. For 4-year-olds, be aware if your child:
- Not enjoying new toys, appears stuck on familiar or desired toys
- Limited interest in tools/activities such as hammering, using scissors and markers, sorting objects, etc.
- Unable to use one toy/object to represent something else
- No interest in peer play, unable to engage in cooperative play
- *Now able to play with single object or play theme approximately 10 minutes, quiet play approximately 30 minutes
Pediatric Advanced Therapy provides physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to the greater Charlotte area. We have two offices in Mooresville and Salisbury, with a Charlotte office opening in May 2017.