Our highly trained pediatric occupational therapy staff utilizes the unparalleled array of equipment within our clinics. Our therapists have the ability to address the OT needs of the child in a unique and engaging environment. We specialize in the following needs:
- Sensory Integration/Processing (tactile, vestibular, proprioceptive, auditory)
- Self regulation
- Motor planning
- Bilateral coordination
- Fine motor coordination
- Projected action sequences
- Ocular motor skills
- Therapeutic feeding
- Oral motor skills
How do you know if OT can help your child?
Our Occupational Therapy Screening Tool is a great way to determine if pediatric occupational therapy (OT) is right for your child and can help him/her meet life's challenges. Your child may benefit from occupational therapy intervention if he/she has experienced or is experiencing any of the issues below. Below are some of the key areas we specialize in. Call today to discuss how we can address the specific needs of your child.
- Avoids touching or being touched (especially if unexpected), dislikes getting dirty, seems unaware of pain, and/or displays upset with daily routine tasks such as dressing, bathing, washing hair, cutting nails, etc.
- Seems clumsy or uncoordinated (taking longer than expected to learn motor skills, bumps into other people or objects in the environment, falls often, etc.)
- Poor eye contact or difficulty interacting with adults/peers
- Covers ears, becomes upset, or complains about loud noises
- Difficulty following verbal directions or completing steps of daily routines
- Limited diet (does not eat certain food textures or temperatures, gags on food, etc.)
- Avoid movement activities such as swings, slides, hesitates on curbs or uneven surfaces, etc.
- Appears to be in constant motion, fidgety, difficult time sitting still
- Overly rough when playing
- Difficulty imitating actions
- Unsafe in community or at home
- Disruptive behaviors-impulsive, limited attention, resistive to new activities/changes in routine, difficulty moving from one activity to another, gives up easily, difficulty calming self
Call us today at 704-799-6824 to find out more about our pediatric occupational therapy services.