Our highly trained Pediatric Physical Therapy staff has extensive experience across a wide range of pediatric PT diagnoses. Utilizing the unparalleled array of equipment within our clinic environment, our PTs have the ability to address the PT needs of the child in a unique and engaging environment. We specialize in the following PT needs:
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment
- Functional Mobility
- Toe Walking/Gait Issues
- Muscle Strains/Pains
- Orthotic Needs
- Developmental Coordination Disorder/Dyspraxia
- Many more.....
How do you know if PT can help your child?
Our Physical Therapy Screening Tool is a great way to determine if pediatric PT is right for your child. A child's motor growth and development occurs on a spectrum with general guidelines for development in certain age ranges. These skills begin very basic including head control, rolling and sitting. They then progress to walking, running, jumping and up further to bike riding and balance tasks. Sometimes our children experience difficulty with these movement skills along the journey to adulthood. PT can help you and your child meet life's challenges. You may benefit from physical therapy intervention if your child has experienced or is experiencing any of the issues below:
- Did your child meet developmental milestones on time?
- Does your child seem clumsy or uncoordinated when playing alone or with peers(taking longer than expected to learn motor skills, bumps into other people or objects in the environment, falls often, etc) ?
- Does your child have difficulty following verbal directions or completing steps of routine tasks?
- Does your child avoid or not perform activities like swings, slides, hesitate on stairs or uneven surfaces or go up/down on hands or bottom?
- Does your child appear to be in constant motion, fidgety, difficult time sitting still or standing still to perform activities?
- Does your child demonstrate difficulty imitating actions?
- Is your child unsafe in community or at home?
- Is your child safety aware in community settings such as the park, shopping center?
- Does your child require assist more than other children their age to play at the park on the playground equipment?
- Do you notice your child walking with toes way out to the side or turned in?
- Does your child stand with feet wide apart or without shoes seem to have very flat feet?
- Does your child walk frequently on toes or heels with or without shoes on?
- Does your child fall every day or have constant scrapes and bruises from falls?
- Does your infant demonstrate a constant look to one side or head tilted to one side all the time?
- Does your infant have head flattening on the sides or the back that seems to be worse than other infants their age?
Call us today at 704-799-6824 to find out more about our pediatric physical therapy services.